Saturday, December 13, 2008

Christmas card photos





So you would not think it would be that hard to take a good Christmas card photo of a small family of four especially when the kids are older. Well, let me just tell you now-its not easy. First, only Shellie was the least bit excited. Second, we have been trying for about 2 weeks to find a spare minute to take one. Third, everyone but Cody needed to look at every picture after we took it to see how it turned out. Fourth, I am a perfectionist and had to move everyone around 10 times; tell Cody & Mike to change spots, sit up straight, not that straight, don't hunch over, move your right hand, no your other right hand, hold it right there, don't move, yada yada yada. Had to fix Shellies hair a few times, didn't like the poses, didn't like my smile, had our eyes closed, didn't like the light, etc. All the while we are using the self timer and doing this at 9pm on a friday in our living room after a very long week and Mike & I working 10 1/2 hours today. To say the least it was a fun family night! Cody went straight to bed afterwards(he had enough family fun). Shellie stayed around to have us snap for a few photos of her in front of the tree. I managed to get in a few with her just for fun. We even grabbed a few of Mike working the camera like a super model. We will be mailing the best we could get out on a card to everyone this week.........I am sure you just can't wait!

2 comments:

Jenessa said...

That sounds like me. Overt he past month I have been taking family pictures at every oppertunity and none of them are good enough. I think maybe I got one at Disneyland but I haven't finished editing the photos so I will see.

McKinna said...

we can't wait!! ;) they turned out great! & your post made me laugh out loud too- don't know why, just in that mood I guess!! specially at the last one, with just the 3. Codys face is hilarious!!