Thursday, May 7, 2009

My new hobby!!


My new hobby is cake decorating. It fits into my passion for baking. I am thankful to Jo Wilkins for teaching a cake decorating class at Church that has me now hooked! (Even though I am still finding it hard to find time-between working 50+ hrs a week, Zumba, cleaning house, raising Mike & the kids, my new puppy, my Church calling, etc-but sleep is overrated right?)
I am posting my first cake that was decorated during that class-it wasn't all me. The class all took turns practicing on it. I have made a few since but forgot to take pictures. I hope I get the hang of it and it becomes easier. The basics are simple but darn it if I can make a rose! UGH!!

3 comments:

McKinna said...

YAY 4 baking!! I love doing it to.. and stupid roses!!

Cari J said...

Cool!! I wanted to go to that one so bad, but it was one of those sacrifice for your kids nights. Meg's wanted to go to the school Technology night :) I tried to tell them their birthday cakes would be so much cuter if I could go but my cries went unheard ;) Looks like fun!!

Sonya said...

My dream is to be a cake decorator!!! Shellie's flip-flops are darling!